In addition to the following policies, please review our FAQ page.
- For the safety and comfort of our guests, candles are prohibited. The inn and its property are completely smoke free.
- The inn is in an 1840s farmhouse and is not handicap accessible. If you are concerned about mobility, we have one guest room on the first floor. Please call so we can discuss accessibility and whether
Brookside would be right for you.
- Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed.
- Room rates are subject to the 9% Vermont Rooms and Meals tax.
- Same-day reservations are accepted until 12:00 noon and must be made via phone. Ability to accept walk-ins varieswe always recommend calling first.
- All rates are for single or double occupancy. Each additional person is $25/night. An additional charge of $20 applies for double occupancy using a sleeper sofa
(Oak Suite or Maplewood Suite only). Breakfast is included.
- We accept all major credit cards (MC/Visa/American Express/Discover). We do not accept checks.
Within 24 hours of making your reservation, your card will be charged for one night's stay. The balance is due upon check out.
- Check-in is from 3 pm to 7pm. Please contact us for early or late arrivals.
- Check-out is 11am. Please let us know if you need a very early or later checkout. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
- A minimum of two nights is required during some holidays and peak seasons. You will be prompted when booking online or you may call us at (802) 278-8286.
- Reservations may be made up to 13 months in advance online. For stays beyond 13 months, please call the Inn at (802) 278-8286.
- Cancellations may be made by phone or by email. We will confirm your cancellation to your email on file.
- Cancellation fee: Outside of the cancellation window, there is a $25 per reservation cancellation fee.
- If you cancel with fewer than 7 days (14 for holidays - see below), the balance of your stay will be charged to the credit card used for your deposit. Early departures will be charged for the full reservation.
- New Year's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Presidents' Day
- Castleton University Commencement
- Memorial Day
- Green Mountain College Reunion
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Castleton University Homecoming & Family Weekend
- Fall Foliage Season
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- If you are concerned about your ability to keep your reservations for any reason, we strongly recommend you look into travel insurance or make your reservation with a credit card that offers travel protection.
- Whole-house reservations are subject to an extended cancellation policy to be agreed upon at time of booking. The deposit charged will be for all rooms for the first night of your stay with the balance due upon checkout. In addition, there is a whole-house fee of $125 and a two-night minimum stay for whole-house reservations.
Holiday/peak season rates are usually in effect:
- Foliage Season
- Castleton University Parent's Weekends, Homecoming, and Commencement
- Peak rates may apply to other dates. To check the rate, please view our page and hover your pointer over your selected date or call us at (802) 278-8286.
- Rates vary by room and by time of yearthe applicable rate, along with any minimum stay requirements, are reflected on our
- Maplewood Inn is Beasley's home. Well-behaved small dogs (under 40 lb.) are welcome in Brookside but must be crated when left alone in the room and must be leashed in common areas and on the grounds. Dogs are not permitted in the dining areas while meals are served. Guests bringing a dog accept all liability and responsibility of their pets and any damage they may cause to Inn property or to other guests. Please, for the comfort and safety of all guests, we must adhere to a one dog limit. If you are traveling with your dog and would prefer to board, Beasley recommends Woof Pack. A pet waiver must be submitted to us within 5 days of making a reservation.
- Maplewood Inn is best suited for children aged 6+, but we defer to parents to know what is manageable for their child. Keep in mind that guest rooms are close to each other and breakfasts are served with other guests. We want all of our guests to be able to relax and enjoy their stay. While the inn is child-friendly, it is not "child-safe" or child-proofed. If booking with children under 6, please call the inn so that we can determine if an appropriate room is available.
- If you have food allergies, please let us know in the comments section when you make your reservation, or email the inn prior to your stay. Kindly provide as much information as possible so that we may plan accordingly. We take allergies seriously and do our best to limit exposure to allergens. The inn is cleaned regularly but other guests may bring in their own food, plus the inn is also our home. We cannot promise to not serve/prepare certain foods or to offer "buffer zones". We strongly encourage those with allergies to take all necessary medical precautions.
- Due to state and local regulations, as well as our own ability to appropriately tend to guests, we are unable to accommodate more guests than the number listed on the room description or on the reservation formchildren count toward the maximum occupancy for each room.
- Breakfast is served from 7-8:30 am. Should you wish an earlier or later breakfast, please let us know.